Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Inspiration Never Stops

Well first off, let me just share that the almost-kitten-heel is a total sham. Give me a solid 2 and 1/2 any day, just keep that low-riding bull away from me.
The main topic here today, however, is the recent explosion of fashion-related inspiration I've been having. And it's all stemming from music. I listen to a song and suddenly there's a whimsical waif of a girl floating around in my mind in a very specific dress and atmosphere. I've successfully executed 4 of these visions and I have about 3 or 4 more to go. My only frustration now is that I don't have the seamstress skills to bring these creations to life. So if anybody knows someone who likes to sew and wants to make clothes but lacks the entire imagination, let me know.
This also brings up my other recent obsession: Vogue. I am absolutely obsessed with it. It's fascinatingly creative, it keeps my addiction to fashion rolling, and also gives me some cultural enhancement that I can't get around here. I tried that with Elle but it was just too sporadic in it's layout and articles. It couldn't keep me focused. Vogue keeps me focused as well as deliciously satisfied.
My new obsession has gotten me to thinking about my future. What about writing for a magazine? Why couldn't I do it? I could do it and live the life of independence I want, but also have that freedom of creativity (to an extent) at work. I highly doubt that my current University offers anything in that field, simply because it's Murphy's law that I want it and they don't have it, but maybe that's a good thing. If it's something that I've decided I want for sure, then I'm more likely to really push my own limits to get it. Let's just hope that it all works out soon, because I'm not getting any younger and I'm eager to start my career. Until then, I'm just going to keep making my choices and plugging along.

No comments: